Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Most Anticipated Movies Of 2017

Underworld: Blood Wars


Technically, I already saw this one.

And technically, it wasn't that good after all. Surprise! Especially after considering the last one, which had little and less to do with the original story anyway. This one also continued the noble tradition - borrowed shamelessly from the Resident Evil series - of the ignoring plotlines set up by the previous movie, or having prior events happen off-screen so as to avoid, I don't know, filming them. Didn't really have an actual edning, either, and I certainly hope that wasn't a setup for an eventual sequel. Let this franchise about immortal firearm-warriors just die already.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter


So far, off to a bad start, and this one will likely be more of the same.

Do I really need to say anything else? I will literally be going to the exact same movie.

John Wick: Chapter 2


Now that's more like it!

Logan


X-23, Sinister, and Reavers hype!

Life


I hope this one's original, and not just a hollow Alien remake.

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Volume 2


Nothing could possibly go wrong with this one, unless it ends up being too fan-pandering.

Alien: Covenant


Same thing as Life, up above.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales


F*** it, let's do it. Give me more.

Wonder Woman


This represents the very last shred of DC Hype that I have left after 2016.

War For The Planet Of The Apes


I've loved the series so far, and I expect to embrace this one just the same.
At least one simian-based sci-fi flick should do well this year.

Dunkirk


Hacksaw Ridge was the appetizer. My body is ready for the main course.

Thor: Ragnarok


Give me Planet Hulk, and you can take my money.

Star Wars: Episode VIII


Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment